Friday 6 February 2009

Laibach...what the hell????

Ok, so randomly I was introduced to this Slovenian metal band the other day. Not personally of course. They are Laibach, and are one of the influences behind German metal band Rammstein.

Now searching over youtube I've yet to find any of their original songs, just some covers. They've also been going since the early 80's I think (a quick wikipedia check confirmed this) but they're still around today, so there are many incarnations of them. The newer tracks seem to be just like Rammstein, so It's the older stuff I'm more interested in. As you can probably tell, I don't know much about them except they are scary. And have fascist undertones, though they claim this is nonsense.

So for fun I've posted three of the best videos, all covers, and for a comparison a couple of Rammstein tracks. Its a music video bonanza.

Enjoy.


Laibach - Life is Life


Laibach - Across the Universe
Stick with this to the end for extra special scariness.


Laibach - Sympathy for the Devil
One of the better covers of this song.




Rammstein - Rammstein



Rammstein - Links 2 3 4

2 comments:

Chris Regan said...

Good find! I should not have watched those Laibach videos before I go to bed though - I am blatantly having nightmares.

Chris Regan said...

I have now bought two albums.