Monday 20 April 2009

Why has everything broken?

Ok, I know I haven't updated in ages. I always meant to, but now I find myself needing a distraction from the slow loading speeds of the itvplayer.

To back track I don't really watch a lot of television, but there are a few programmes I enjoy. Being a fan of the old school I used to tape these if they clashed with other activities, but as a last resort I would turn to the online iplayers. These are pretty good if A) you have a decent enough pc connection and B) well mainly just A. Unfortunately ovewr the weekend we lost use of the the television to some unknown reason so I am forced to watch Primeval yet again in ITVPlayer. However, at this moment in time, we've also been experiencing internet problems. Mainly the wirelessness not working as it should. To make matters worse, I attempted to connect my PC with an ethernet cable but my PC (which I should mention is on its last legs, and beginning to feel a lot like that level on Tron 2.0 where you go into the old pc and everything goes dead slow) refuses to recognise it so I'm back to watching 2 minutes then buffering then 2 minutes then buffering then 1 minute then buffering then adverts.

So I'm keeping myself sane by writing this all out in this blog post. This is also only part one of the iplayer adventure as at some point I'm going to have to watch Heroes and Stuart Lee's Comedy Vehicle. I should really be writing Jimmy Fight which at the moment I'm only about 14 pages in but I'm sure I'll get into it soon enough.

On a lighter note I went to see Crank 2: High Voltage last night which was as silly as ever. In a good way that is. If you look too closely at the Crank films there's nothing really behind them but then that's kind of the point. They are video games. The most accurate video game movie out there, without even being based on a video game. Anyway it was better than Transporter 3 which was a disappointment. I'm now only really looking forward to seeing Coraline in 3D.

I would post youtube links but then the Internet would die forever.

At least Jason Flemyng has now turned up in Primeval. and he's always been good.

No comments: